Thursday, August 9, 2012

Starting to Roll

This is our second official month of following the Dave Ramsey plan (August '12).  Of course, my hours got cut, the car battery died and one of the dogs got sick.  But while these issues affect our snowball payment, they are no longer month-destroying problems.  Luckily, we have irregular income and a budget.  We follow the envelope system and know where each dollar goes.  And because of our irregular income,  I base our budget on the low-end of our earning potential.  Thus our "extra" money goes toward the snowball.  So even with our financial hiccups, we will still have enough money to finish a debt (a $371 payoff) and move to our next loan!!

You know what's really weird?  I look forward to paying our bills!  Seriously.  I don't dread them, don't avoid them, and, honestly, don't feel exhausted, scared, or trapped by them.  We have an incredible amount of debt.  But we also have an incredible plan.  And we'll win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment